Windows 10 install fails

I am trying to help a friend install JackTrip on his Windows 10 desktop. He downloads the app and the installer runs fine and the app gets installed, but when he tries to run it jacktrip.exe won’t run. It creates a fatal error 1000 in the windows logs. He has a 3.1Ghz, 64bit, i5 processor with 8GB of memory. Anybody have any suggestions? I suspect the MsiInstaller is failing.

1 Like

Please check which version of Windows because it needs to be Version 1809 or later.
If he has an earlier version, that could be the problem. Please let us know.

I’ll get back to you asap. Thanks!

1 Like

Another thing to check for would be if he has this old version of Jack installed.

This is the first time he’s ever installed JackTrip. Thanks for your reply!

@dave.sheffer, the app that Mike is referring to, JACK, is not JackTrip. It is a separate program that was previously required to run JackTrip, and people still use it to do routing, but is no longer required to run JackTrip. Go to Control Panel then Programs and see if JACK is there. If not, it might still be somewhere on the system. We can check it after you confirm the version of Windows that he has. That very well could be the problem.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

For the record: we found a bug, which was causing some older (10+ years) Windows 10 computers to crash at startup. This has now fixed in the v2.2.4 release.

1 Like