- Introducing VIDEO!
Video is finally here!
Up 'til now, the JackTrip experience has been audio-only, providing best-in-class audio latency and quality for musicians. But as powerful as hearing each other is, it’s even more powerful when you can see each other as well!
Starting immediately, all Virtual Studios can now connect video between musicians.
Here’s what it looks like:
How do I use it?
You don’t have to update or install anything- both the join button on the studio and all invite links will now go to a preview page which helps connect both audio and video. Here’s what it looks like:
- Select your preferred camera (or turn video off)
- Connect your JackTrip app (or bridge) to the Studio
- Click “Join Studio” once the audio connection is established
Here’s what the preview page looks like once you have audio connected through the JackTrip Desktop App.
Controls while connected
There are a bunch of useful controls for managing your audio and video settings:
Click the mic icon for audio controls for yourself.
Click the speaker icon at the top left to control Master Volume and Self Volume for everyone in the studio.
Click the grid icon in the bottom left to change the layout, or see only Audio controls for all participants.
Some additional notes
- HD Video is available to Virtual Studio subscribers, otherwise video feeds are capped at SD
- Up to 25 participants can be shown at once in the gallery
- Video doesn’t go through to Radio yet (still working on it!)
- Radio chat is fully integrated to allow chatting with your fellow musicians AND your radio audience
Try it out and let us know what you think!
JackTrip Labs Team