Looking for players in Taiwan

I’ve been working on JT and VS for half year. Wonder if there are fellow JT players here

2 Likes

Welcome! On Saturday I will start one of the free servers in Taiwan and jump on there too. I know there will be extreme latency, but I think it will be fun. I was thinking that if I start a Taiwan server at 8PM PST, it will be noon in Taiwan. Is that a good time for you?

Glad to hear from fellow JT player. Unfortunately I’m unavailable that time. Do you know any other players in Taiwan ?

1 Like

No prob. Hopefully you will find some players in Taiwan. I found this website in Taiwan where JackTrip buyers have posted comments. If you got an account and posted there, maybe that would be a good place to begin networking?

BYW is there any way manage and control jacktrip Mac/Win clients logged in on Virtual Studio ? The bridges are not easy to get recently.

1 Like

Hey Thomas, there isn’t yet but it is on the roadmap! In the future, they’ll show as connected subscribers and have controls like latency statistics and the ability to disconnect clients.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, it’s great to learn about it

2 Likes

Recently released desktop app v1.6 is a great one! It’ll definitely help more people to play on line. I wonder if linux client works better than Win client in terms of performance and quality?

I also look forward to hear more good stuff about webrtc!

Big thanks to Jacktrip teams.

2 Likes

The main trouble with windows is just that you can’t get low latency without an ASIO driver. This practically means that some devices can’t really get low latency (ASIO4ALL does work but is not easy to use). Also, Windows likes to crash when multiple programs try to use the same hardware…

With good drivers, I think the two are comparable in terms of audio quality and latency though. Needs more testing to say for sure.

1 Like

Thank to your valuable comments about driver. Select the right sound card at the beginning certainly saves the trouble.