Stereo Two Channel With Jack Trip Digital

I put my head phones into one USB input and another mic into the other USB input. My bandmates note that they are only hearing one channel/one side of their head set. I tried setting to 1 channel and 2 channel. Neither made a different. Do I need to add in something else to get both channels active?

1 Like

Did you figure it out? I will go ahead and post a few tips here.

The server will need a moment to adjust to changing settings, so please take it slow, one step at a time. Wait. Test. Wait. Test. Wait.

If your mic is a stereo mic, there will be two channels and the setting can be for 2 channels.
If your mic is a mono mic, it has one channel, and the setting should be for 1 channel.

Again, the server needs a moment to adjust to settings changes.

Please let us know how it’s going.

@Trapamedmed I recommend checking the meters on the participant’s tab and the studio meters. This is the most useful troubleshooting tool because it shows you what audio you are sending to the studio, and how it’s being sent out to everyone else (after any DSP).

If you only see movement on the left bar, it means you are only sending a single (left) channel. There is nothing wrong with that, and I’d even recommend it if you only have a single channel (mic) to send. Otherwise, you’re just putting extra load on your Internet upload for no reason.

Of course, you probably don’t want your friend to only hear you on the left. This is what Soundscapes (our real-time DSP) is for. Trying using the “Default” preset which pans you to the middle, and your studio meter should see audio on both left & right channels. If you don’t want all the other effects, just remove things from the signal chain config below (but leave in “Circular Pan”).

If your studio meters show audio on both channels and your friend only hears on one side, it indicates a problem on their end. Perhaps their headphone cable/connector isn’t fully plugged in?

1 Like