New to software - looking for someone to test out jam settings

I am new to Jacktrip. Currently setting it up. I would like to jam with someone who is familiar with Jacktrip - Any style of music would be fine to test it out.

1 Like

Hello @Strings146 and Welcome!

What is your setup?
Do you have a wired ethernet connection?
Which platform - Mac, Windows, or Linux?
Do you have an external sound card or will you use the computer’s built-in sound devices?
Are you setting up the JackTrip desktop app or do you have a JackTrip Bridge?
Have you logged into app.jacktrip.org to create a studio to connect to?

Those are a few things to consider and would help others know how to approach you.

What is your setup? Home studio setup.

Do you have a wired ethernet connection? Wired

Which platform - Mac, Windows, or Linux? Windows

Do you have an external sound card or will you use the computer’s built-in sound devices? Focusrite scarlett and presonus interfaces.

Are you setting up the JackTrip desktop app or do you have a JackTrip Bridge? Desktop app

Have you logged into app.jacktrip.org to create a studio to connect to? Yes.

Wonderful! Thanks for your quick reply. I have some time this weekend to test with you. Any time after 3pm today.

Let me know what time works for you and which studio you will use and we’ll give it a whirl!

oops! forgot to ask your timezone! I’m in California. If you’re out east I could be ready in an hour if that works for you. Distance will be a factor in the amount of latency but I can give you some tips.

In preparation, if you haven’t done it already, I suggest plugging in the Scarlett, opening the app, and clicking around the settings. That will give you a good idea of what you can do with it.

I’m on now if you’re ready.

synthia

1 Like

by way of background, I am the moderator of this Forum, and have more than 15 years experience with JackTrip. Glad to help!

I’m also looking to do some testing/jamming. Let me know if you’re still interested.

2 Likes

I am on at the moment. I was away all day and just got back.

1 Like

I am on now as well. Not sure how to connect with people. How would I send you an invite?

I am interested. How do I send you an invite?

on my way - please send me an invite to your studio

Yes, of course! The more the merrier. Please give me a rundown of your setup:

Do you have a wired ethernet connection?

Which platform - Mac, Windows, or Linux?

Do you have an external sound card or will you use the computer’s built-in sound devices?

Are you setting up the JackTrip desktop app or do you have a JackTrip Bridge?

Have you logged into app.jacktrip.org to create a studio to connect to?

What have you done so far?

go to your studio - upper right corner - tap “Invite”

go to email - send invite to synthia.payne@gmail.com

Hi, yes, I have a wired connection running on a Mac through an audio interface and studio one. I have JT desktop app and have already created a studio that I have been running tests on and off for a few months now, but I’m unsure if it’s completely working as my JT recordings have sound but when I connect with a music teacher , he says he can’t always hear me. So, I’m a little confused if the error is on my side or his.

Hi Bill!

I was just on with Strings146 and we had a great session just talking about JackTrip and the Virtual Studios!

Hmmm…where is your microphone plugged in? In JackTrip, did you choose the device where your mic is plugged in?

this thread was started by Strings146, so let’s switch to email ok?
synthia.payne@gmail.com

or please start a new thread for your issue.

thanks!