Looking to try Jacktrip for a jazz guitar trio/quartet

I would like to see how this system works with a typical jazz rehearsal - any jazz drummers, upright bassists out there looking at playing some tunes? I’m in India! Looking to connect.

1 Like

Welcome @karan ! In the next month or so JackTrip will roll out new features that will make it easier to find musicians to play with. That means you could set your studio to the “Looking for members” status and it will be posted so that other musicians will be able to join you. The dev team is working on it as I write and they will have more details soon.

With typical jazz genres it would probably be best to find a JackTrip server location within 300 miles / 480 km of all participants. That will allow for the lowest latency, that is, the time it takes for the data to travel to and from the server.

When the latency is high, the various data streams could be slower or delayed and not sync together. However, free jazz or improvisational styles are more forgiving of latency and sync issues and I highly encourage JackTrippers to experiment.

Please find below the current locations for JackTrip servers in India.

• India - Delhi NCR
  • India - Hyderabad
  • India - Kolkata
  • India - Mumbai
  • India - Pune

Good luck @karan !

Thank you Synthia - that was very informative! I"m looking forward to trying this out!

1 Like

That’s great - you are very welcome! Please let me know if you have more questions.

And following is the link to more info on JackTrip server locations: